Today’s December Reflections photo challenge is the “Best Day of 2015”. Just one? That’s it? How am I supposed to narrow it down to just one day of this past year? Well it’s simple – I can’t.
First of all, everyday this year – right up to this morning, I’ve woken up. So EVERYDAY has been the best day! I realize to some that may sound corny or generic. But when I reflect on all the people I know or am close with who, this year, have battled life-threatening illnesses or lost someone tragically and/or suddenly … well, I can’t help but be grateful for another day of life.
To break it down a little further (here comes the make-you-wanna-barf-love-life-gush-fest) … everyday spent with my love (pictured above) is the best day. Be it our trips to the beach or our hiking adventures in the surrounding coastal mountains … date nights on the wharf in Monterey or quiet nights at home cuddled up on the couch … his visits on my lunch hour or walking the fur baby around the neighborhood – everyday and anytime spent with the love of my life is the “best day”. I could go on but I’ll spare you all the eye-rolling (lol).
One of the best days of 2015 was finding out that my mom is cancer-free. The worst day obviously being the day I found out she even had cancer. Fortunately, the Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma was found in Stage 1 with a very good prognosis. So thankful. Can’t imagine life without my mama being just a phone call away.
Some runners-up for “Best Day” would also be:
- the day I met my honey’s gam-gam on our trip to MexiCali (along with his aunts and cousins)
- the Memorial weekend camping/hiking trip – So. Much. Fun.
- my birthday spent at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (no line for the Giant Dipper = great day, though the getting older part is a crappy trade off)
- going to a Raiders game … and they WON!
- the last weigh-in day of my first weight-loss/cleanse round and finding I’d shed 27 of the 65 pounds I’ve purposed to lose
- fitting into clothes I haven’t been able to wear in a year
Yeah, that about sums it up. I love my life. And I thank God for all that He’s so richly blessed me with. He’s been so good to me.
Day 4 (tomorrow) Photo Challenge: RED … Play along!