I love love LOOOOOVE Fall. Autumn. Whatever you want to call it. The season that almost isn’t (at least here on the West Coast). It’s my favorite time of year. Here are my top 5 reasons why:
- THE COLORS – the golds, oranges and browns accented with deep wine and burgundy hues … the leaves, the clothes, the decorations – oh my!
- COLD WEATHER ACCESSORIES – I’m a collector of sweaters, scarves, beanies and coats. I can never have enough … and yet I have too many (can you say addiction?). Uh … I may have a problem.
- THE FOOD – all things pumpkin spice … lattes, Trader Joe’s ice cream, home-baked treats, frozen yogurt (drooling). Bust out the crock pot too because it’s the time of year for homemade soups … chicken noodle, caldo de rez, albondigas, broccoli-cheddar (nom nom nom). And we mustn’t forget the Thanksgiving FEAST and all its delicious gluttony (just around the corner).
- FOOTBALL – the season is in full effect! It’s especially great when my Oakland Raiders are playing good. Finally. (You can keep your Black Friday – I’ve got Black and Silver Sundays baby!)
- LOUNGING – ahhh yes … my most favorite part of it all. Getting into my flannel pajama pants, cuddling up to my love on the couch under a cozy, warm blankey with a movie (that I probably won’t stay awake for). Add some rain outside for the sake of ambiance and you have yourself a relaxing Fall afternoon of laziness at it’s finest.
So tell me – what Fall favorites make your Top 5 list?